I am feeling good. I called my lobbyist this morning and told him thanks. The $787 billion stimulus package was approved by the House on Friday, then by the Senate last night. So much money to go around. Buried deep in the text was an $10,000 allocation for WaterCrunch to develop infrastructure educational material. I can not believe this got through. This was the easiest thing I have ever done in my life.
What else is in the bill? I tried to seperate the water and transportation from the bill. View a larger image of this breakdown.
- DOE environmental cleanup: $6 billion
- EPA Clean Water and Drinking Water funds: $6 billion
- EPA cleanup, including Superfund: $1.2 billion
- Agriculture Dept., rural water and waste disposal facilities: $1.28 billion appropriations
- Army Corps of Engineers civil works: $4.6 billion
- Bureau of Reclamation: $1 billion
47.8 billion was alloted for transportation projects. Again, here are some of the heavy hitters in this category:
- Highways: $27.5 billion
- Transit: $8.4 billion
- New discretionary grant program: $1.5 billion for highways, transit, rail, seaports, other projects.
- Airport Improvement Program construction grants: $1.1 billion
- Rail: $9.3 billion, including allocations for Amtrak and high-speed rail.